Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Grandma's Spider Plant

I wonder how old plants can be. This is a picture of a spider plant that came from a start from my mom's spider plant, that came from a start from her mother's, (my grandmother Kunkleman),spider plant. That means this plant is very old. It has had its ups and downs. When I was working it did not get watered very often. Then there were the times when it was in a window that did not have enough sunlight. Then it had a window with too much sunlight and it got dried up and turned a pale green. I would say that this is the best it has ever looked. It has lots of babies right now. I could start more plants with these many babies that are coming off in all directions. The plant stand was purchased at a auction by my parents. I was old, nasty and beat up. My father repaired it, and refinshed. He brought it back to a beatiful piece of funiture.

No comments: